Fort Collins Reads has made short work of turning the city of Fort Collins into a vivid literary community. Throughout the years, we’ve brought many popular and acclaimed authors with their renowned works to the community for author talks that influence divergent thought processes and bring the community closer through the artfully painted themes in each work.
Nationally Acclaimed Authors:
- Lois Lowry (The Giver) awarded the John Newbery Medal (2002)
- Louis Sachar (Holes) awarded the John Newbery Medal.(2003)
- Rudolfo A. Anaya (Bless Me, Ultima) awarded the American Book Award.(2004)
- James McBride (The Color of Water) awarded the National Book Award for Fiction.(2005)
- Mark Spragg (An Unfinished Life)(2007)
- Julie Otsuka (When the Emperor Was Divine) awarded the PEN/ Faulkner Award for Fiction.(2008)
- T.C. Boyle (The Tortilla Curtain) awarded the PEN/ Faulkner Award for Fiction.(2009)
- Garth Stein (The Art of Racing in The Rain)(2010)
- Geraldine Brooks (March)(2011)
- Thrity Umrigar (The World We Found)(2012)
- Erik Larson (In The Garden of The Beasts) (2013)
- Colum McCann ( Let The Great World Spin) awarded the National Book Award for Fiction (2014)
- Chris Bohjalian (Close Your Eyes,Hold Hands)(2015)
- Edwidge Danticat (Brother I’m Dying) awarded the American Book Award.(2016)
- Ann Patchett (Commonwealth) awarded the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction.(2017)
- Jennifer Egan (Manhattan Beach)(2018)
In addition to our list of impressive and extremely renowned writers, we’ve also had the privilege to host Pulitzer prize winners.
Pulitzer Prize Winners
- Jennifer Egan (Manhattan Beach)
- Geraldine Brooks (March)
Together, we intend to make the dream behind written word come alive. We want to see people united and recognized for astonishing and insightful works and create a sense of community based off of both shared experience and shared vision. We’re all aware that the people of Fort Collins are different, we’re smart and we’re conscious and spreading our knowledge and appreciation for art through various media is where we thrive.
Redefine the idea of human communication. Pick up the one book, one city read for this year and come on down to purchase your ticket from Firehouse Books. Through discovery and creation, we’ll not only draw together as a community we’ll be able to differentiate ourselves further.